Mentoring in Kentwood
Mentoring impacts students socially, emotionally and academically creating safer, healthier, more productive citizens of our society. Benefits youth derive from time spent with a caring, responsible person include:
• Enhanced self-esteem;
• Improved grades, school attendance, and attitude toward school;
• 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs;
• 27% less likely to start drinking;
• 53% less likely to skip a day of school;
• More trusting of their parents or guardians;
• Better chances of going on to a higher education;
• Committing fewer misdemeanors and felonies; and
• Feeling they had better emotional support from their friends.
Mentoring opportunities are available at all grade levels and in all buildings. For more information, you can contact any building principal.