March 27, 28, 29 - The Aquatics Center will CLOSE EARLY at 2:45 pm on FRIDAY and remain CLOSED SATURDAY & SUNDAY for a USA Masters Swim Meet.
Families and groups welcome. Lap lanes may be available during Open Swim.
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY
6:00 P.M. - 8:55 P.M.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
12:00 P.M. - 2:55 P.M.
Swim, walk, or individual aerobic workout. Lap swimmers are encouraged to use the Competition Pool when available.
5:00 A.M. - 7:25 A.M.
10:30 A.M. - 11:55 A.M.
8:00 A.M. - 9:25 A.M.
Access to both pool areas is only available at the above times. Locker rooms must be cleared 15 minutes after the conclusion of Open and Lap Swim. Competition Pool and Diving Board availability is subject to the Competition Schedule and never guaranteed. If there is a sports activity, there will be no diving boards and lap lanes may be limited or unavailable. During a Competition event, the entire competition side will be closed. PLEASE SEE THE INTERACTIVE COMPETITION CALENDAR BELOW.
Ages 18 - 59
Ages 5 - 17
Ages 0 - 4
All rules will be enforced at all times with no exceptions. Please remember the rules are for your safety! Failure to follow rules may lead to removal from the pool.
- Lifeguards are meant to save lives, not to baby-sit.
- Follow the lifeguard’s instructions at all times. Patrons who are not following the rules and fail to correct their behavior will be asked to leave the pool to ensure the safety of themselves, other patrons, and our staff.
- Children age 4 year and younger or any child requiring a flotation device MUST be kept with arm’s length of an adult in the water. Young children may be allowed to not wander away from their parent.
- Children 11 years and younger must be accompanied by parent or guardian in the pool area at all times.
- Every swimmer must independently be able to complete a 25 yard length before entering the Deep Water Pool. A swim test may be required.
- NO INDEPENDENT INSTRUCTION, LESSONS, or COACHING allowed during open and lap swim. KPS Aquatics Center offers a variety of programs to suit your instructional needs please take advantage of our programs.
- No diving in the Shallow Water Pool. Diving is only allowed in the Deep Water Pool.
- No pushing, throwing, dunking or other unsafe behavior is allowed.
- No running. Walk on the pool deck at all times.
- No street shoes on the pool deck.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Infants and young children who require diapers must wear swim diapers and tight rubber swim diaper covers. Standard diapers leak and are not permitted.
- Only US Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) are permitted. PFDs are permitted in the Warm Water Pool Only.
- Starting blocks are for competition and practice use only and are closed for Open/Lap Swim.
- Do not sit on or climb over lane lines.
- No eating, drinking, or chewing gum in the pool area.
- No smoking on the premises.
- Diving board rules:
- One bounce only
- Dive or jump straight off the front end of the board
- Front flips only; no back dives
- No inward dives
- One person on the board at a time
- Look before you leap
- After you jump, swim to the nearest ladder
- No swimming in the diving area when the boards are open
- We do not issue refunds if you have already entered the water or if you are asked to leave for misbehavior. Patrons asked to leave the water in the event of lightning are welcome to stay until 30 min after the last strike.
The pool will be cleared of all participants if lightning is seen. We will not close, but will wait 30 minutes after every strike before allowing people reenter the water.
We CLOSE the pool during a SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING or TORNADO WATCH. Patrons will be encouraged to shelter in place during a TORNADO WARNING
SCHOOL CLOSURES due to winter weather, etc. - if either the district website or the WOOD TV 8 scroll shows that Kentwood Public Schools are closed, the pool is also Closed.