May 4, 2021 Bond Proposal Overview
The Kentwood Public Schools Board of Education approved bringing a bond renewal to the voters that would provide programs, technology, and facilities for current and future needs. The proposal will not increase taxes (actually reducing KPS debt tax rate by .25 mills).
• Research shows investing in education has a positive impact on housing values and student outcomes.
• Studies have demonstrated what Kentwood has experienced: When communities invest in their schools, they invest in their future.
• Kentwood alumni have become professional musicians, athletes, police officers, professors and teachers, artists, public servants and health care workers.
• Kentwood Public Schools and the Kentwood community have partnered to create strong schools and a vibrant community.
• The 2021 bond continues Kentwood Public School’s proud tradition of investing in the community’s future and it decreases the tax rate to homeowners.
Bond Proposal Critical Focus Areas
2021 Bond Proposal Overview
What Every Taxpayer Should Know about the Bond Proposal
Kentwood Public Schools is committed to providing excellence in education and equitable access to resources for all students. Kentwood Public Schools takes its fiscal responsibility seriously.
• With the lowest debt millage in Kent County, KPS has demonstrated that it is a good steward of community resources, and the 2021 bond proposal promises to continue that tradition.
• Serving as a continuation of previous bond proposals, the 2021 bond proposal will bolster KPS’ growth and excellence while decreasing the tax rate for homeowners.
• KPS teachers and staff members are committed to building strong relationships with every student.
• Each student is challenged to achieve academically and vocationally.