Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some common questions returning students might have. Students who move into the district can register at any time during the school year.


  • I'm new, where should I start? Parents need a current email address to start the registration process. You then need to create a parentvue account and can create one by clicking here. After a parentvue account is set up you can use it to register a student and keep current on important information about your student throughout their career at KPS. For more questions for NEW students, click on the FAQ's under the New Students tab on the right hand side of the screen.
  • I am having trouble accessing my current ParentVUE account. Can you help? Yes, please email the help desk at for help with your parentvue account.
  • I already have a student that goes to Kentwood. Do I have to do everything all over again? No, just go into your parentvue account and make sure the information we have is current, then upload a current proof of residency and we will get you all set.
  • What documents do I need to upload when I register? Returning students need to show proof of residency every year. 
  • What document can I provide for proof of residency? We will take a current mortgage document, 2024 summer property tax statement, closing papers dated within the last 30 days, a purchase agreement signed by all parties with closing date indicated, current lease or landlord affidavit or a utility bill (gas, water or electric) dated within the past 60 days.
  • I do not have proof of residency because I either live with another family member or do not have permanent housing at this time. What do I do? Finish enrollment and then email our office at to let us know your situation. We will get you connected with someone at our administration building to work with you on the correct documents. Please note, you might not receive verification of enrollment right away.
  • My student needs transportation. When will I find out what bus they ride? When enrolling make sure to click that your child needs transportation. The bus information will be in parentvue under student information (at the bottom click "other information"). We will also give you the information on the first day your student attends with us. Please note - bus routes are not finalized until right before school starts in August.
  • I have a student already at Endeavor under a within district transfer. Do I need to do anything? No, our principals will meet at the end of the school year and depending on numbers those students should be fine to remain with us for the upcoming school year. If something changes and they are not able to return we will reach out to you personally.
  • We moved out of Kentwood Public School's district but I want my student to attend next year. What do I do? Go to our main KPS homepage and fill out a school of choice application starting April 8 and accepted through May 10, 2024. If you miss this date, email our office for next steps.
  • I moved, but my child has attended Endeavor for awhile and we want them to continue next year. What do I need to do?  If you've missed the window for school of choice (see above) you can apply for a section 6, which allows you (if approved) to attend for the remainder of the school year.


Any additional questions feel free to email our office directly at Thanks again for choosing Kentwood Public Schools!