About Fine Arts
About Fine Arts
The high school Art Gallery is one of a kind within public schools, displaying student-produced works of art in a professionally designed exhibit area.
- Visual art lessons are offered to students from the Kindergarten to the 12th grade.
- Elementary School art curriculum encompasses a scope and sequence that includes the study of historically significant world artists.
- Middle School curriculum focuses on cooperative learning in an exploratory atmosphere.
- High School curriculum offers classes in every medium: drawing, oil, jewelry, 3-dimensional design, graphic arts, and air-brush.
In 2007, KPS was designated as one of the best 100 communities in the United States for excellence in music education.
- Music lessons are offered to students from the Kindergarten to the 12th grade.
- Elementary School music curriculum includes research-based music learning theory.
- Middle School curriculum includes Band, Choir, Orchestra, and General Music, and is offered to all students.
- High School curriculum includes 7 choirs, 5 bands, and 2 orchestras that have received superior ratings at festivals for over 30 years.
- High School music classes have been show-cased at the state music conference 10 times since 1993.
There are several theater productions each year, including two plays, story-book theater, children's theater, all-school musical, and summer stock theater.
- Theater classes are offered in 9th - 12th grade.
- Theater curriculum offers comprehensive course work with novice, intermediate, and advanced acting classes.
- Acting classes are taught in a professionally designed "black box" classroom.