Frequently Asked Questions

Our first day of school is August 21, 2023.

Here are some common questions new and returning students might have. 


  • I'm new, where should I start? Parents need a current email address to start the registration process. You then need to create a parentvue account and can create one by clicking here. After a parentvue account is set up you can use it to register a student and keep current on important information about your student throughout their career at KPS.
  • Can I look up a parentvue  account? I have one in the system already. Yes, you can follow these instructions  provided by technology. 
  • I can't get into my parentvue account. Can you help? Yes, please email the help desk at for help with your parentvue account.
  • I already have a student that goes to Kentwood. Do I have to do everything all over again? No, just go into your parentvue account and make sure the information we have is current, then upload a current proof of residency and we will get you all set.
  • What documents do I need to upload when I register? We need a parent ID, birth certificate, up to date immunization records (or official waiver from the Kent health department) and proof of residency. You do not need to bring these documents into the school, simply upload them in parentvue.
  • What document can I provide for proof of residency? We will take a current mortgage document, 2023 summer property tax statement, closing papers dated within the last 30 days, a purchase agreement signed by all parties with closing date indicated, current lease or landlord affidavit or a utility bill (gas, water or electric) dated within the past 60 days.
  • I do not have proof of residency because I either live with another family member or do not have permanent housing at this time. What do I do? Finish enrollment and then email our office at to let us know your situation. We will get you connected with someone at our administration building to work with you on the correct documents. Please note, you might not receive verification of enrollment until after August 1st. 
  • My student needs transportation. When will I find out what bus they ride? Our transportation department will work on bus routes and should have them available by our open house August 16th. Please enroll early to ensure there are no delays to transportation.
  • My student receives special services, what do I do? If your student has a current IEP or 504 with another school district it is helpful to upload that when registering your student, however it is not required to complete enrollment. 
  • I have a student already at Endeavor under a within district transfer. Do I need to do anything? No, our principals will meet at the end of the school year and depending on numbers those students should be fine to remain with us for the upcoming school year. If something changes and they are not able to return we will reach out to you personally.
  • I don't live in Kentwood Public School's district but I want my student to attend. What do I do? You can apply for school of choice to have your student attend with us in the fall. The window for school of choice applications opens April 10th and you can apply by going to school of choice under the student enrollment at the top of this page. 
  • I moved, but my child has attended Endeavor for awhile and we want them to continue next year. What do I need to do? Again, apply for school of choice once that window opens on April 10th. If you've missed the window for school of choice you can apply for a section 6, which allows you (if approved) to attend for one school year.


Any additional questions feel free to email our office directly at Thanks again for choosing Kentwood Public Schools!