GREAT START READINESS PRESCHOOL
Great Start Readiness Pre-School
What Type of Program Do We Offer?
The Great Start Readiness Program, a FREE preschool program for 4 year olds who qualify.
- Full day sessions, Monday – Thursday
- Caring, certified teachers and teacher assistants trained in Early Childhood Education
- Staff/student Ratio – 1:8
- Parent Activities
- Nutritious Snacks
- Licensed Classrooms
- Classes held at Hamilton Early Childhood Center and Explorer Elementary.
About The Program
The Great Start Readiness Program meets four days a week (M-TH), 7 hours per day. Transportation is NOT included at this time. The program is licensed and staffed by experienced teachers certified in early childhood education. The children are stimulated and encouraged in carefully planned activities that will allow for development at their own rate. This program offers outreach to families through home visits, workshops and participation in the classroom.
To be eligible for the Great Start Readiness Preschool program, the child must be four years old before September 1, 2022. Students whose birthday falls after September 1, but before December 1, may complete a waiver. If space is available, they would be placed after the Labor Day Holiday.
Families must meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify for the free program. Information on eligibility and prioritization guidelines may be found by accessing the following website: www.michigan.gov/gsrp
4 year-old Preschool (30 weeks) FREE or at a reduced rate
Fulltime classes available Monday through Thursday. Classes held at the Hamilton Early Childhood Education Center located at 3303 Breton Rd SE, Kentwood 49512 and at the Explorer Elementary School located at 2307 68th St SE, Caledonia, 49316. Classes run September through Mid-May. Children must be four years old by December 1, 2022.
Enroll online at preschool.kentisd.org
How Can You Enroll Your Child?
Call the Kent Intermediated School District at 616-447-2409 or apply in person at the Hamilton Early Childhood Center, 3303 Breton Rd SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
Family must reside in Kent County
- Parent/Guardian must complete enrollment application
- Parent/Guardian must provide child’s certified Birth Certificate.
- Parent/Guardian must provide proof of residence (Ex. Current rent/mortgage receipt, utility bill with name and address)
- Child will need a current physical and up-to-date immunization record.