National Honor Society
East Kentwood National Honor Society
Why Should YOU Join NHS?
East Kentwood’s National Honor Society is an organization that prides itself on helping others throughout the community, improving our school, and fostering relationships with students. If you have been selected to take part in NHS this year, it means that you represent the top students, academically, that East Kentwood has to offer. For juniors and seniors with a 3.5 GPA or higher, we welcome and encourage you to take part in this beneficial organization.
We, as East Kentwood NHS students, partake in volunteer opportunities throughout West Michigan. Some of our many events this year include serving meals at Gilda’s club, packaging food at the Kid’s Food Basket, and service Saturday's and Sunday’s around the Kentwood area. These opportunities not only allow us to assist people in our community, but it also lets others see all the good that Kentwood students can do. It is also SO important to give back to our school system by working elementary carnivals, helping teachers in their classrooms, and hosting fundraisers to support our ELL program. By joining NHS, you will help many people and influence so many lives, just by taking a couple hours out of your weekend or setting aside some time during the week. This is a commitment to make, but we guarantee that it will be worth it.
5 Reason To Join NHS
- Every time you volunteer, you are given the opportunity to make someone’s day. Never underestimate the power of good-will.
- Meet new people! Joining NHS allows you to spend time with students like you: eager to help and open to new opportunities.
- You will break out of your comfort zone. It is so easy to get caught up in school and sports, yet volunteering for NHS gives you a chance to not only be a student, but to be a helpful community member. Everyone needs a change of pace!
- Participating in NHS is a great addition to your college applications. Universities know that only the most successful and dedicated students partake in NHS.
- Spreading goodwill in your community is awesome!
We are looking forward to a great year and want you to experience it with us!
Your NHS 2016 - 2017 Officers & Advisors
President: Kirah Newman
Vice President: Lisa Giles
Secretary: Cat Ly
Public Relations: Tobi Agunloye
Technology Liason: John Pham
Tutoring Liason: Nicholas Lee
Ms. Marjorie Behm, Advisor. email@example.com, room 48
Ms. Kourtney Johnson, Advisor. firstname.lastname@example.org , room 216WW
If you are in need of volunteers please complete the form under NHS Volunteering. If you are in need of a tutor or are willing to tutor please signup under NHS Tutoring. Please direct all email inquires to NHS.EKHS@gmail.com.