Work Permit forms are available in the School to Careers office in Guidance.
- If you are UNDER 16, you need to take the PINK work permit.
- If you are 16 or 17, you need to take the YELLOW work permit.
- If you are 18, you DO NOT need a work permit.
Instructions for filling out your work permit:
Section I: This section must be filled out by the student.
Section II: This section must be completed by your employer.
Section III: This section will be completed by the School to Careers office after you and your employer complete Section I & II and return it to the School to Careers office in Guidance.
- Make sure every blank space is filled out correctly in BLUE or BLACK INK.
- The back of the work permit outlines the student and employer requirements.
Please be advised that it may take up to 48 hours to process your work permit.
You may not start work until your work permit is completed and returned to your employer.
For more information about work permits go to:
http://www.michigan.gov and type “work permits” in the Search Box