Welcome to East Kentwood High School
Advanced Placement testing begins Monday, May 2. Students will test off site and absences will be resolved through our attendance office internally. Your student was provided detailed information regarding AP tests, exam dates, materials to bring, etc when they did their pretest administration. To download a copy of this information, click here .
All graduates of East Kentwood High School will be inspired to excellence and life-long learning, educated for intellectual and cultural competency, and empowered to reach their full potential as productive self-directed members of society.
East Kentwood High School will create graduates who are inspired, educated and empowered by:
- Providing intellectually rigorous and relevant educational opportunities within an environment conducive to learning;
- Incorporating and demonstrating skills needed for success in a global society;
- Encouraging and supporting creativity and educational risk-taking;
- Building and modeling a community that supports and values diversity, equity and relationships;
- Expecting exemplary performance in behavior and learning;
- Involving parents and community.
1. All students and staff are members of the East Kentwood Learning Community. As such, each
- Will be valued, respected, and supported in achieving their maximum potential.
- Will be provided with a safe, secure, and equitable educational environment.
- Will be held to high expectations and exemplary performance in behavior and learning.
- Will be responsible for promoting a positive culture and helping East Kentwood High School realize its vision and achieve its mission.
2. Collaboration and communication are essential to an effective organization.
3. Continuous and high-quality professional learning is critical for successful job performance.
4. The use of quality data is essential for continuous improvement.
5. Change will be embraced and used as an opportunity for growth.