Welcome to Crossroads Alternative High SchoolThe Staff of Crossroads/Kentwood Community Education, in partnership with the students, parents, and community will create a stimulating, positive, and safe environment ensuring mutual respect.
We believe that all students can learn essential and effective cognitive skills enabling them to be responsible and productive contributors in a changing world.
"ALL students are honored students"SCHOOL DELAY/CLOSING INFORMATION
Whenever conditions warrant the closing of school, parents are asked to monitor the local television and radio stations beginning at 6:00 a.m. Every attempt is made to have the information broadcast no later than 6:30 a.m.
• If school is cancelled, all practices and rehearsals are also cancelled. A decision will be made at 1:00 p.m. regarding sporting events, and evening programs.
• There is no transportation to other districts.
• Childcare is provided for those families already participating in the Kentwood Childcare Programs.
• Parents should listen to local radio and television stations:
B93.7, WGRD AM & FM, WGUV, WKLQ, WLAV AM & FM, WOOD TV-8, WXMI TV-17, WWMT TV-3, and WZZM TV-13.
In the event of a Two Hour delay:
• Busses will pick up students 2 hours after their normal pick up time. For example, if your bus normally arrives at 7:34 a.m., it will now arrive at 9:34 a.m. The afternoon drop off times would remain the same as normal.
• Breakfast will be served approximately 2 hours after the normally schedule time. For example, if your child’s breakfast normally starts serving around 7:55 a.m., they will start serving around 9:55 a.m.
• School will begin 2 hours after the normal start of school. For example, if your child’s school starts at 8:59 a.m., they will now start school at 10:59. Kentwood Staff will also report two hours after their normally scheduled time.
• All morning ECSE, Tuition Based, and GSRP classes at Hamilton will be cancelled.
• First session of KCTC/KTC classes will be cancelled. Second session KCTC/KTC will begin at the normally scheduled time.
• Childcare is provided only at the Hamilton Early Childhood Center for those families already participating in the Kentwood Early Childhood
Programs. (same as a cancellation day)
CROSSROADS 2 HOUR DELAY SCHEDULE
9:15-9:34 - Breakfast
9:34-10:12 - 1st Hour
10:15-10:53 - 2nd Hour
10:56-11:34 - 3rd Hour
11:37-12:15 - 4th Hour
12:15-12:45 - Lunch
12:48-1:26 - 5th Hour
1:29-2:34 - 6th Hour
Thank you Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs for supporting Crossroads!