Welcome to Crossroads Alternative High School
The Staff of Crossroads/Kentwood Community Education, in partnership with the students, parents, and community will create a stimulating, positive, and safe environment ensuring mutual respect.
We believe that all students can learn essential and effective cognitive skills enabling them to be responsible and productive contributors in a changing world.
"ALL students are honored students"SCHOOL DELAY/CLOSING INFORMATION
Whenever conditions warrant the closing of school, parents are asked to monitor the local television and radio stations beginning at 6:00 a.m. Every attempt is made to have the information broadcast no later than 6:30 a.m.
• If school is cancelled, all practices and rehearsals are also cancelled. A decision will be made at 1:00 p.m. regarding sporting events, and evening programs.
• There is no transportation to other districts.
• Childcare is provided for those families already participating in the Kentwood Childcare Programs.
• Parents should listen to local radio and television stations:
B93.7, WGRD AM & FM, WGUV, WKLQ, WLAV AM & FM, WOOD TV-8, WXMI TV-17, WWMT TV-3, and WZZM TV-13.
In the event of a Two Hour delay:
• Busses will pick up students 2 hours after their normal pick up time. For example, if your bus normally arrives at 7:35 a.m., it will now arrive at 9:35 a.m. The afternoon drop off times would remain the same as normal.
• Breakfast will be served approximately 2 hours after the normally schedule time. For example, if your child’s breakfast normally starts serving around 7:55 a.m., they will start serving around 9:55 a.m.
• School will begin 2 hours after the normal start of school. For example, if your child’s school starts at 8:59 a.m., they will now start school at 10:59. Kentwood Staff will also report two hours after their normally scheduled time.
• All morning ECSE, Tuition Based, and GSRP classes at Hamilton will be cancelled.
• First session of KCTC/KTC classes will be cancelled. Second session KCTC/KTC will begin at the normally scheduled time.
• Childcare is provided only at the Hamilton Early Childhood Center for those families already participating in the Kentwood Early Childhood
Programs. (same as a cancellation day)
CROSSROADS 2 HOUR DELAY SCHEDULE
9:15-9:34 - Breakfast
9:34-10:12 - 1st Hour
10:15-10:53 - 2nd Hour
10:56-11:34 - 3rd Hour
11:37-12:15 - 4th Hour
12:15-12:45 - Lunch
12:48-1:26 - 5th Hour
1:29-2:34 - 6th Hour
The Crime Prevention Association of Michigan is proud to announce that Ian Gibson, Dean of Students at Crossroads, has been chosen as this year's recipient for the Outstanding Crime Prevention Practitioner Officer Award. The Crime Prevention Association of Michigan Award is presented annually to honor its members and persons who have demonstrated an outstanding contribution to the citizens of Michigan in the field of crime prevention.
Mr. Gibson has coordinated and led a group called KOPS, which stands for: Kids and Officers Partnering in Schools. The KOPS program began at Crossroads in 2012-2013 school years. The purpose of the group is to bridge the gap with at-risk youth and law enforcement. Also involved in leading the groups with Mr. Gibson are Officer Jeff "Gus" Augustin from Kentwood Police Department and Deputy Tom McCutcheon of Kent County Sheriff Department. Congratulations to Mr. Gibson, the officers and the students for a wonderful program.
Thank you Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs for supporting Crossroads!