Welcome to Bowen Elementary
All students at Bowen Elementary will be held to consistently high standards while sustaining Capturing Kids Hearts and PBiS, promoting Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect and Accountability.
STAFF & STUDENTS
As a collaborative team, we believe we are all valued as different and unique individuals. We strive to know our kids and appreciate our differences by taking responsibility for ALL, regardless of ability or background. We will also acknowledge our strengths and skills to maintain a cohesive team of staff and students working with parents while working towards the same goal: to learn.
We, at Bowen, in order to nurture and foster life-long learners, will provide relevant, rigorous instruction through best practices to maintain high academic performance and cultivate an atmosphete of enthusiastic, self motivated readers.
TWO HOUR DELAY INFORMATION
In the event of a Two Hour delay:
- Busses will pick up students 2 hours after their normal pick up time. For example, if your bus normally arrives at 7:35am, it will now arrive at 9:35am. The afternoon drop off times would remain the same as normal.
- Breakfast will be served approximately 2 hours after the normally scheduled time. For example, if your child's breakfast normally starts around 7:55am, they will start serving around 9:55am.
- School will begin 2 hours after the normal start of school. For if your child's school starts at 8:59am, they will now start school at 10:59am. Kentwood Staff will also report two hours after their normally scheduled time.
- All morning ECSE, Tuition Based, and GSRP classes at Hamilton will be cancelled.
- First session of KCTC/KTC classes will be cancelled. Second session KCTC/KTC will begin at the normally scheduled time.
- Childcare is provided only at the Hamilton Early Childhood Center for those families already participating in the Kentwood Early Childhood Programs (same as a cancellation day).
SCHOOL CLOSING INFORMATION
Whenever conditions warrant the closing of school, parents are asked to monitor the local television and radio stations beginning at 6:00am. Every attempt is made to have the information broadcast no later than 6:30am.
- If school is cancelled, all practices and rehearsals are also cancelled. A decision will be made at 1:00pm regarding sporting events and evening programs.
- There is no transportation to other districts.
- Childcare is provided for those families already participating in the Kentwood Childcare Programs.
- Parents should listen to local radio and television stations: B93.7, WGRD AM & FM, WGUV, WKLQ, WLAV AM & FM, WOOD TV-8, WXMI TV-17, WWMT TV-3, and WZZM TV-13.
- We also post the closing information on the Kentwood Public Schools Facebook page and our Kentwoodps.org web site.