Great Start Readiness Pre-School
What Type of Program Do We Offer?
The Great Start Readiness Program, a FREE preschool program for 4 year olds who qualify.
- Morning, afternoon or full day sessions, Monday – Thursday
- Caring, certified teachers and teacher assistants trained in Early Childhood Education
- Staff/student Ratio – 1:8
- Parent Activities
- Field Trips
- Nutritious Snacks
- Licensed Classrooms
- Classes held at Hamilton Early Childhood Center.
About The Program
The Great Start Readiness Program meets four days a week (M-TH), with half day sessions in the morning and afternoon (3 hours), or full day sessions (7 hours). Transportation is NOT included at this time. The program is licensed and staffed by experienced teachers certified in early childhood education. The children are stimulated and encouraged in carefully planned activities that will allow for development t their own rate. This program offers outreach to families through home visits, workshops and participation in the classroom.
To be eligible for the Great Start Readiness Preschool program, the child must be four years old before September 1, 2017.
Families must meet certain eligibility critera to qualify for the free program. Information on eligibility and prioritization guidelines may be found by accessing the following website: www.michigan.gov/gsrp
4 year-old Preschool (30 weeks) FREE or at a reduced rate
Monday through Thursday 8:00-11:00 and 12-3:00 (tentative times. Limited all day classes also available Monday through Thursday. Classes held at the Hamilton Early Childhood Education Center located at 3303 Breton Rd SE, Kentwood, MI 49512. Classes run Mid-September through Mid-May. Children must be four years old by September 1, 2017.
How Can You Enroll Your Child?
Call the Kent Intermediated School District at 616-447-2409.
Family must reside in the Kentwood Public School District
- Parent/Guardian must complete enrollment application
- Parent/Guardian must provide child’s certified Birth Certificate.
- Parent/Guardian must provide proof of residence (Ex. Current rent/mortgage receipt, utility bill with name and address)
- Child will need a current physical and up-to-date immunization record.