*Limited Lap Swim space available during Open Swim Hours. High School & Athletics have first rights on the competition pool, Here is the current Competition Pool Schedule:
Call the pool office 616-698-6700 Ext. 6 for additional information.
Residency determined by Kentwood Public School District. Look at the district map to see if you're a resident.
All rules will be enforced at all times with NO EXCEPTIONS. Please remember the rules are for YOUR safety!
1. Swim only when a lifeguard is present.
2. Follow the lifeguard’s instructions at all times.
3. No diving in the Shallow Water Pool. Diving is only allowed in the Deep Water Pool.
4. No pushing, throwing, dunking or other unsafe behavior is allowed.
5. No running. Walk on the pool deck at all times.6. No street shoes on the pool deck.
7. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
8. Infants and young children who require diapers must wear swim diapers and tight rubber swim diaper covers. Standard diapers leak and are not permitted
9. Only US Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) are permitted. PFDs are permitted in the Shallow Water Pool Only.
10. Every swimmer must be able to complete a 25 yard length before entering the Deep Water Pool. A swim test may be required.
11. All swim lessons must be scheduled through Aquatic Center (Sorry, No Private Lessons).
12. In the shallow water pool only: an adult must remain in the water, within arm reach of any children age 4 years and younger or any child requiring a PFD.
13. Children 11 years and younger must be accompanied by parent or guardian in the pool area at all times.
14. Starting blocks are for competition and practice use only and are closed for Open/Lap Swim.
15. Do not sit on or climb over lane lines.
16. No eating, drinking or chewing gum in the Pool Area.
17. No Smoking on the premises.
18. Do not cover more than two Water Geysers at a time.
19. Diving Board Rules:
- One bounce only.
- Dive or jump straight off the front end of the board.
- Front flips only. No back dives.
- One person at a time. Look before you leap.
- After you dive, swim to the nearest ladder.
- No swimming in the diving area.- No more than 4 people are allowed on the High Dive platform at one time.
20. Any person determined to be acting in an inappropriate or unsafe manner may be asked to leave the pool and/or the premises when it is deemed necessary for the safety and well-being of other patrons or pool staff.